I hope you enjoyed your little break! The kids seemed very relaxed and calm today--which made learning excellent! We have a lot of fun things happening in our classroom right now, so read on to know more about it!
Homework
Just a reminder that homework folders came home last week. They are due on Friday (as normal) but the spelling test will be on Thursday from now on (we'll try it and see if it works.). We will send the homework folder home on Fridays as well to help accommodate that change in the schedule with spelling. I appreciate your support in this--our Friday's have been so hard and we have not been able to learn the things we've needed to in my class. This will help us a lot!
Life Cycles and some Donations
We have started learning about life cycles in our class. We will be experimenting and observing several forms of life cycles over the next couple months. Today we had a tadpole show up in our classroom that we will be watching for the next 12ish or so weeks. You will probably hear about it slowly because it takes a while to change.
We will also start talking about plants and growing our own plants during the next several weeks. For this though, I need some donations of dirt/potting soil (for 50 little cups) and some packages of sunflower planting seeds. I'm not sure how many seeds I will need for 50 kids, (if anyone is an expert gardener that would like to help me, let me know!). Thanks!
Here's a picture of our little tadpole. He is unnamed right now--but I think we will take care of that later this week.
Writing Prompt
Just a reminder about our writing prompt. I will be adding a section below this for that. It is not mandatory, but just for fun. I told the kids about it today. Please feel free to write and model with them at home too. I think the more people they see writing and having fun with writing, the better off they will be. Thanks for helping me develop this love in your children!
Miss Chang
Miss Chang has had a bad run with some car problems this weekend and is currently looking for a car. She is looking for a Honda or Toyota with good gas milage, preferably an automatic, and in the range of no more than $6,000. She will be needing a car for the next year as she stays to teach Chinese one more year! If you know of anything that can help her out, let us know. I don't know if she knows I'm posting this--but I think the more help we can give her in finding one, the easier it will be. Thanks so much for looking out for your teachers!
Database help
I still haven't heard from any parents who are interested in collecting sights and aps for a collection to share. If this isn't an important thing to everyone, then I won't worry about it. But--if you are interested in it--let me know and I'll see what we can do.
Thanks again for all you do for our classroom. I love working with you!
Miss Merritt

No comments:
Post a Comment