Welcome to 1st Grade! I am so excited to begin this second year in the Chinese Immersion Program. We are in for a year of excitement as we adapt to the Common Core and work on learning Chinese!
This blog's purpose is to keep parents informed of what is happening in our classroom. Please check the blog weekly to keep up to date with our class (my goal is to have it updated every week on Monday by 5 p.m.). The blog will include what is happening at school, things that we need in the classroom, and just information on things that will be happening to our class.
So--to get started, here's a quick overlook of this first week!
Interview Day
Thanks so much for coming and spending some time with us. It was wonderful to meet you! Here's some things to remember from interview day:
*Please remember to return the items that the school needs as soon as possible!
*Don't forget to send your child with a snack for recess!
*If you need to send lunch money with your child, don't forget to send it in with a deposit sheet.
Just some things to remember from interview day--sometimes parents get worried that they can't communicate with Mrs. Shumway. Don't hesitate to come in and chat with her when you have concerns or issues. Just remember that your child is not to hear her speak English--so she will probably speak with you privately.
Donations
I just want to say thanks now because I know that I usually see some of these trickle in over the next few weeks. We appreciate any items you are able to send in to our classes!
ABC Books
This year--we are teaching to the common core for language arts, which Jordan District is involving with units. Because this is new curriculum or us, I will be trying something new this year to see if I can expose myself to more materials that might help me to teach it better. I will be having a book sharing center in our classroom (where kids can bring books to share with the class and teacher) and we'll try to keep it to a theme. So--our first 6 weeks focuses on ABC books--so any great ABC books you have at home that you would like to share would be appreciated! Thanks for helping me as we develop this new curriculum!
I am so excited to work with you this year. Please feel free to email or call with questions or concerns.
Thanks,
Miss Merritt
1 comment:
It was great to meet you and we look forward to this year! Canon is so happy to be a "big" first grader and he has enjoyed his first few days, thanks! we will send in some ABC books next week.
Post a Comment