November is one of my most favorite times of the year because I can say thank you to people that mean the most to me. I wanted to tell you all thank you for your support this year as we have been trying out this new program and working out the quirks. I appreciate our patience and kindness as we have been going through this. We still have a ways to go--but I feel success is in our future!
This week there are a few things we need to be aware of:
Parent Teacher Conferences
In your homework folder today you should get a note with your appointment time on it. You will also find in your folder a report card with an SEP form. The SEP form is provided to help you make goals with your child. We would like you and your child to try to chose one reading goal and one math goal to work on. Please bring this form back at your parent teacher conference time and we will go over the goals.
I have had a few parents ask about if they should bring their first grader to the conferences. Yes! Please bring your child--Mrs. Shumway will have them do a short Chinese interaction with her so you can see some skills they have been working on. When they are finished, we will send them back out and finish our conference with you.
Since we are limited on time, please have any questions ready to ask us and be on time! We will do our best to do the same with each conference. If you feel you need extra time than what we have, we can schedule a time for you to come in later to visit with us.
Off Track Packets
Off track packets will be coming home this week. Watch for those. Please remember that they are not mandatory, but that they are just suggested activities. If your child returns the packet, I will have a prize for them.
Off track packets will be due on December 6.
Election Day
Don't forget to vote tomorrow!
Thanks again for all you do!
Miss Merritt
No comments:
Post a Comment