Welcome back! I hope you had a great off track time and Labor Day weekend. We have a ton of things happening now that we are back in school so please remember to check here weekly to see updates of things.
Homework
Homework is coming home today. Please go through the different things with your children. One half of the homework folder says English and one says Chinese. The homework folders are due on Friday. Please make sure to return them on time!
I am sending home reading books in the envelope. These books are fairly easy for the most part (if your child struggles with them, use them for extra practice.). The envelope has some strategies to help make the books a tool for fluency (using a good rate and a good voice) and working on comprehension skills with your children. As we go throughout the year, the books will get a little harder. I don't send home my classroom books because of the cost. If you feel your child needs to be challenged more, I would suggest taking them to the public library and allowing them to choose some of their own books they would like to read. Mostly--at home I want reading to be fun. I don't want the children to be frustrated with reading at home. I will work with them at school on their individual levels.
If you have questions about the homework, please let me or Mrs. Shumway know. Thanks!
Volunteers
I haven't had time believe it or not to get it all set up yet, so our goal is to send home information next week. I do know that if I have a parent who is ready to be my Friday helper mom, I will gladly take you this week and start having you do homework. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out. I appreciate it.
Check the homework folder to see volunteer information next week! Don't forget that you need to be fingerprinted to work in the hall.
Fundraiser/Jog-A-Thon
Your children will be coming home with a packet today with information about the jog-a-thon. Read through the information and return the jog-a-thon permission slip as soon as possible. Your child will get a sucker for returning it. The Jog-A-Thon will be on September 24.
Reflections
The PTA will be bringing around information about Reflections this week as well. Watch for that in your child's backpack!
Thanks for all you do for your children! I appreciate your support!
Miss Merritt
No comments:
Post a Comment