Dear Parents,
I hope you have been enjoying your break! It is a long one and I know I have needed the break--but I am ready to come back. I have been subbing this week which got me thinking I need to update our blog!
With it being the beginning of the new year, I have some great goals in mind for our classroom! I am hoping to take some of the ideas that were shared with me from your suggestions for our class blog to help make it better! I appreciate your suggestions. I also have some great ideas I am working on for some fun math activities and some fun things for you to do with your child at home. Be watching for these when we come back on track!
Book Report Information
I've gotten a few emails asking me about the book report that is due when we get back! Here's the book report information sheet I sent home:
Setting
For this book report, your child will need to read a book and describe the setting of the story. The setting is where the story takes place. This report is a chance for your child to be creative. For this report, they will need to have a representation of the setting. Here are some ideas to help:* paint, draw, design a picture of the setting
* design a diorama
* clay sculpture
If you have questions, please let your teacher know! Thanks for your help in this!
Off Track Reading
While we are off track--we are having an off track reading contest. Please be filling out the forms for how many pages your child has read. I will not have time to add up all your child's pages, so please help them to do that.
OFF TRACK PACKETS ARE DUE BACK ON THURSDAY, JAN 29!
Thanks again for all your support! See you next Wednesday!
Miss Merritt
No comments:
Post a Comment