Hooray for Fall Break! We have made it this far! Your kids are doing so great and it has been fun to watch them transform from kindergartners to first graders. Hopefully you are able to see the difference to.
No School/Homework
This week there is no school or homework. Enjoy your week break :)
Online Scheduler
It's that time of year where we get to start getting ready for Parent Teacher Conferences. Miss Chang sent the blue class home with the online schedule note on Friday. I kept the red classes and it will come home Monday with the homework folders. Starting on October 26, you can sign up online for parent teacher conferences.
The difference from the paper is you'll want to sign into my scheduler instead of Miss Chang's. It is easier for us to keep track of all of them under one name, so we'll use my name this time. You should not be able to sign up on Miss Chang's. We will be doing conferences all day and evening on Wednesday November 7 and then we will also be doing them Thursday evening. We will keep you posted on any extra times we are able to squeeze in.
If you have questions on how this works, please contact the office! Thanks!
Fall Break
I know there are a few mom's out there that have been teachers in the past. If you are looking for relicensure points, I have a few extra tickets to get into UEA at the Southtown Expo for free. If you are interested in going, I know they have a few great things going on. Harry Wong is their guest speaker and they will have workshops to. I know I will be there for some national board things on Thursday. If you are interested though, let me know and I'll send a ticket home for you!
Pumpkins
We have studied pumpkins to death--I hope your kids can tell you pumpkin facts and can tell you the pumpkin cycle. Ask them!
Blue Class Halloween Party
Holly King sent home a note on Friday with the blue class. In case you missed it, here's what she said:
We have decided to collect a small donation of $2 per child to help cover the cost of the party, rather than having people send in supplies. All children will still participate, regardless of whether or not they can donate. Please send cash in an envelope with "Blue Class Halloween Party" on it. We would like to have the donations by Wed, Oct 24th.
The Halloween parade will be at 9am. The party will be from 10-10:40 a.m. We will need at least 6 volunteers. We will have 3 stations for the kids:
1. Game(s), at least 2 volunteers here
2. Craft (We would like to have 3 volunteers helping here)
3. Story time
We could use 2 more volunteers to help assemble gift bags (if we have enough money to do so)
Please contact Holly King if you'd like to be involved.
Thanks again for being great! I appreciate all you do for your kids and our school!
Miss Merritt
No comments:
Post a Comment