Wow! Thanks for the beautiful door from Mrs. Tycksen! What a neat surprise when I got to school today. I know I won't get a chance to thank you for all the things you'll be doing for me this week since we go off track Friday--but I wanted to just make sure you all know how much I appreciate you and your support and trusting me to be your child's teacher. I've enjoyed the opportunity that teaching your children has allowed me to grow.
This week we have a few crazy things to be aware of--so double check your schedules.
Poems/Reading Calendars
We will pass of poems on Thursday, April 26. Remember that your child needs to have 6 passed of to earn the Mustang Pride Award.
Reading calendars will be due back when we come back on track on May 21. Don't forget that you need 15 minutes a day to earn the 300 minutes a month. One of our Mustang Pride goals also focuses on this.
Book Orders
We are trying something new this time. Scholastic sent me information for storia, an eReading App designed for children. You can purchase eReading books through our scholastic website and get points for our classroom. Follow these steps:
- Register at Scholastic Book Clubs' secure Web site (www.scholastic.com/bookclubs), and create your own User Name and Password.
- Enter the onetime Class Activation Code above to link you to our classroom. Our code is: GKHY9
- Choose the books that you would like to order.
- Pay for your selections using your credit card.
- Submit your order to me online.
As always, I try to keep you up to date with the newest technology available to you. These eBooks look like something that might be worthwhile. Let me know what you think!
Book orders are due Friday, April 28.
Spirit Day
On Friday, it is spirit day. The school is having us do Movie Nerd Day. This day is designed to have fun with dressing up and the person from our class who wins will get to be in the Annual Foothills Nerd Parade. This activity is meant to be fun, so enjoy the dress up day.
Off Track Packets
Off track packets are coming home on Thursday. Remember they are optional, but there are some great activities to help your child during the break and to accomplish our Mustang Pride Goals.
Jump Rope For Heart
Last week we sent home the Jump Rope for Heart information. You have until Friday to turn them into us (since we go off track.) The activity for it is while we are off track--but you children are welcome to come back under your supervision on May 4 for the activity. Thanks for supporting the American Heart Association.
On Friday, your child will be coming home with a cup of dirt we have been taking care of here at school. You may want to have a way to help them get that home easily on Friday.
Thanks again for all you do! I enjoy being your teacher!
Miss Merritt
No comments:
Post a Comment