Dear Parents,
We have four more weeks of school left! And a lot to do to finish up! Please keep checking here on our blog for more information and updates on all the fun going on in our classroom!
Field Day Volunteers
PTA was unable to find someone to run the whole school Field Day. Because of this, each grade has opted to have a grade field day. 1st grade A track will be combining with 2nd grade A track to have a field day. Each classroom has been asked to provide an activity for the event. Our field day will be on JUNE 11 from 1:30-3:00 in the afternoon. If you have a great idea for an activity or are willing to come and help out with this activity, please let me know as soon as possible. Most of the other classes have already picked an activity and have parents in charge of it! You can email me or call me to let me know that you can help!
I appreciate your willingness to help out with this!
Volunteers
I am sending home the last volunteer calendar today. I think I will just make it go for the next four weeks. If you are interested in coming in to help, please let me know! Thanks!
Homework
As much as I know you love it, this is the last week of homework! I will be sending the homework folders home still next week with some final information in them. Please make sure all of the reading books are returned as well.
This is also the last week of spelling. Thanks for helping your child study the word patterns and helping them to establish good study habits with our homework program. Hopefully it has helped to instill good habits that your child will be able to use as they progress through life!
Reading for Ice Cream
Check the note in the homework folder about reading for ice cream. The note explains the contest. Please let me know if you have questions!
If you would like to donate to our ice cream party, please let me know. Some things we may need are toppings, bowls, and spoons.
Reading for ice cream starts today and ends June 4.
Mustang Pride
We are wrapping up Mustang Pride. Your homework folder has been updated with the most recent information this week. I am still figuring the rest of the stuff, so hopefully when I send it home Monday you will have a good idea of where your child is.
PE Day
One more reminder that we have PE on Mondays and Thursdays. We have been doing activities that involve running. Please make sure your child wears tennis shoes those days so they won't get hurt from flip flops or other shoes that don't give proper support.
Thanks again for all you do!One more reminder that we have PE on Mondays and Thursdays. We have been doing activities that involve running. Please make sure your child wears tennis shoes those days so they won't get hurt from flip flops or other shoes that don't give proper support.
Miss Merritt
1 comment:
I can donate whatever you need for the ice cream party & I can help at the party too...if you need help. I am in charge of Miss Taylor's game for field day, but 3 moms have already offered to help me with it. So, if you need help I can delegate to them and help with yours. Let me know! What are the games the other classes are already doing?
Post a Comment