We survived our first week! Your children are doing well and we are getting into the routine of things. Thanks for all the donations that have come in and for all of your support as we have started our school year.
Here's an update for the week! Let me know if you have any questions!
Color Days
This week and next week we will be working on color days. Here's this week's schedule so your child can wear the matching colors.
Monday--Red
Tuesday--Orange
Wednesday--Yellow
Thursday--Green
Friday--Blue
Tuesday--Orange
Wednesday--Yellow
Thursday--Green
Friday--Blue
Back To School Night
Back to School Night is on August 7 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. At Back to School night I would love to address any questions you might have. We will also be talking some about our volunteer scheduling. Hopefully I will see you there!
Review
I just wanted to remind all parents that the beginning of the year is spent reviewing kindergarten information and developing a routine. First grade teachers have found it to be beneficial to teach the routine while using review materials so the students experience some success. You may feel that for the next week or so that your child is bringing home easy materials. Please keep in mind that these will get harder as our routines are established.
Homework
Just a reminder that homework will start next week. Keep watching for it!
Volunteers
I'm still debating how I want to do this. Please stay posted on this and hopefully by back to school night I'll have some ideas of what I will do. But, please do let me know as well if you would like to be a weekly steady mom. It will help me out in planning!
Thanks again for all you do to help your children! I enjoy working with them!
Miss Merritt
No comments:
Post a Comment